Panama: +507 396 9011
It is a new year and we can breathe a sigh of relief or can we? 2011 was a very rough year for the world as a whole. Governments are tightening the nooses on their citizens. People are feeling like their money is not buying them as much as it used to. Wages are stagnant for most of the working class. Many people who were once considered middle class who gave to help the poor are now in the position of asking for assistance.
What is happening to the world as we know it? The European Union is struggling to stay together. The USA is turning into a police state. The Middle East and North Africa is destabilized. Asia is struggling with natural disasters and a weakening China. Central and South America are emerging as commodity power houses. Russia seems to be reawakening. All this and we have more rumors of war. What can we do?
In times of uncertainty Gold has always been the money of choice. Gold offers you many benefits.
- Retaining Purchasing Power when governments print their fiat currency. Gold always retains a value to protect the holder. For Americans Gold has proven to consistently protect against Dollar weakness. Governments will try to hide the devaluation of their currencies.
- Diversification is key, have a portion of your portfolio in a hard asset such as Gold Bullion. I do not recommend all of your assets be tied to the US stock market. So this means if you buy Gold make sure to buy bullion, 100% allocated.
- As a Safe Haven, Gold is the asset that is considered safe. In volatile and uncertain times do you want your money exposed to a volatile stock market?
Alan Greenspan (Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve) once said,
“An almost hysterical antagonism toward the gold standard is one issue which unites statists of all persuasions. They seem to sense that gold and economic freedom are inseparable”.
Gold has risen for 11 years straight. Some speculate that Gold is in a bubble similar to the early 1980’s. One thing that I see that is much different today than 30 years ago is the size of the market today. In 1980 the Gold bubble was primarily a Western phenomena. Today we see people from all nations participating. The Chinese have Gold fever, as well as the Indians, Russians, Arabian nations etc. Everyone can sense that it is time to put their money in a hard asset until the storm clouds pass.
How do we store the Gold that we purchase? Most people who start out with Gold ownership buy a few coins and store them at home or in a safety deposit box. The only reservation I have concerning this is the uncertainty of government. In the USA there is already a precedent set that the government can ask its citizens to turn in their Gold. This happened under President Franklin Roosevelt in 1933. Confiscation of the peoples Gold recently happened in South Korea and Thailand during the Asian financial crisis of 1998.
The other option outside of paper assets is to buy physical Gold Bullion and have it stored offshore in a safe secure facility. What are some benefits to offshore storage?
- Asset Protection
One program that can give a person of peace of mind is offered by Swiss Metal Assets. The benefits of partnering with Swiss Metal Assets include.
- Your Gold is stored safely and securely in the Zurcher Freilager in Switzerland.
- 100% insured by AXA Insurance.
- Your Gold will never be leased by bullion banks unlike many ETF’s
- The vaults are audited regularly by Swiss customs.
- Rapid liquidity of your metals
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA) eligible
This spring Swiss Metal Assets is opening another storage facility in Panama. This state of the art facility will be located in the Panama Pacifico Free Zone. This Free Zone is the old Howard Air Force base. This facility will have the benefits of an airfield to bring your holdings securely into the country.
Gold gives a person peace of mind like very few assets can. Let us hope that 2012 will be a safe and prosperous year for all of us.
By: Randy Hilarski - The Rare Metals Guy